One of the most famous forms of passive income is to display ads on web pages and this is more easy with plugins.
Before putting these plugins to work, create your Google Ads account (formerly called AdSense) and configure everything you need. You must pay close attention to the data since Google’s policies in that regard are quite strict. This isn’t the only platform of ads that exist and you can develop your own cost structure to sell advertising space on your page.
One of the most recommended sites to place ads is within the content, as it derives in profits for the CTR. Many bloggers don’t recommend it because it affects reading, but it will depend a lot on your website, content, distribution, etc.
If you made the decision to use ads on your blog, these plugins will allow you to install and manage them easily, as well as generate reports, allow customers to edit their own ads, accept PayPal payments, show and hide ads according to the devices or geolocation of the user and much more.
In this post, we selected the most updated plugins and from the simplest to the most complex. Let’s know these plugins!
Ad Insert is a very simple plugin, with many customization options.
- 16 different code blocks.
- It allows locating the content in different parts of the web page such as: before the title, in a specific paragraph, before or after content, etc. It also offers an automatic mode in which the plugin will choose these locations for ads.
- Install a custom plugin that allows you to display ads on the sidebars.
- Allows you to add ads with custom shortcodes or PHP functions.
- It allows to show ads according to the type of device, to all the users, to those who log in and log out and in old posts within the blog.
- It supports all kinds of Ads such as the native ones of Amazon, Media.net, rotating banners or Google Ads.
AdSense Plugin is a very popular plugin, with more than 90,000 downloads. Based on the discontinued Quick AdSense plugin that had more than 100,000 downloads, it’s quite user-friendly and allows total control over the position of the ads on your website.
- Like the previous one, its Pro version allows controlling the visibility of the ads according to the type of post and role of the user within the page.
- It’s not limited to Google Ads, it supports all types of code.
- Allows the insertion of ads in a random or arbitrary way within a post or in another place on the web page.
- It doesn’t depend on external scripts.
- It allows the importation of all Quick Adsense settings and is compatible with Quick AdSense Reloaded.
- It shows a maximum of 10 ads on a page (3 of them can be from Google Ads, because of that platform’s policies).
- AdSense dynamic positioning: allows you to assign ads to the beginning, middle and end of a post, after the “More” option, after the last paragraph or certain paragraphs and after certain images.
- Supports a maximum of 10 codes of ads in the widgets of the sidebar and 10 codes of ads to position them specifically or randomly in a post.
- Use shortcodes within the ads.
- Multilanguage support.
- It allows to import and export the codes of the ads to other web pages.
It is perfect for beginners as it’s quite simple.
- Allows you to display an unlimited number of ads.
- It has the function drag-and-drop towards the widgets that are created with the installation of the plugin.
- You just have to go to the widgets section of your Dashboard in Appearance. There you will find the widgets titled “Ad Widget”.
- Allows you to add text ads and images.
This plugin has many advantages not only for the developer or webmaster but for the client who wants to place the ads on the web.
- It’s 100% responsive.
- Geolocation of ads.
- Filter by categories and labels.
- Schedule the ads.
- Shows ads for specific device types.
- Shows and hides the ads according to a certain number of seconds.
- Shows and hides the ads according to the number of times a user entered or logged in.
- Show the ads before, in and after the content.
- Easy management of the ads with the backend manager.
- Show ads in more than 20 different ways.
- More than 25 responsive and user-friendly templates.
- The Pro version offers complete statistics of the advertising on your page.
This plugin is integrated with your WordPress’s personalizer and is a recommended option for users who don’t have much code experience.
- Allows 9 different types of ads location.
- Ads can be added to the homepage, posts, files and custom post types.
- You can quickly take the ad code, select the location and you’re done.
- It allows using the locations of the ads for other functions such as the Mailchimp code and another type of form.
After installing this plugin you will have to provide your GoogleAds ID to authorize the plugin, and you have options for personalizing them.
- It allows you to show different types of ads that include text, image, both, links blocks, etc.
- You can select different formats for each type of ads, including vertical, horizontal and square.
- Allows choosing custom color palettes for ads.
- Choose the position in which you will show each ad.
- Integration with Videointelligence.
- Insertion of ads in:
Posts/types of personalized posts
Categories / Tags
- Customization of the position of ads:
After the content
Below the comment form
- Multilanguage and RTL ready.
- Allows configurations without code.
- Allows adding custom code.
- Compatible with the existing ads in your Google Ads account.
This plugin offers a simple option of shortcodes that is inserted in the posts and allows to display the ads. AdSense allows you to incorporate ads in any post or WordPress page.
It allows to save the most used Google Ads codes and insert them in pages or posts, where they will have more chances to convert.
This plugin allows you to locate the ads almost anywhere on your page and has a statistics section that allows you to verify the performance of the same.
- Easy handling of individual ads or groups.
- It works with referred servers and with Media.net, Google Ads, DFP and more.
- Accept PayPal payments for the sale of ads.
- Geolocation of ads.
- Shows the ads according to the user’s device.
- Receive notifications in your email and on iOS or Android devices.
- Allows customers to add, edit and manage their own ads.
- Compatible with responsive ads.
- Compatible with plugins such as Yoast SEO, W3 Total Cache, SEO Framework, Borlabs Cache, bbPress, Contact form 7, All in one SEO Pack, Automattic Jetpack, WooCommerce, Wordfence, Regenerate Thumbnails and more.
- Prevent ads blockers from hiding them.
- Allows to place banners randomly or arbitrarily and preview them.
- It allows programming the ads.
- Exports the statistics.
- Unlimited widgets.
- Show multiple ads in a grid, column or row.
- Ads will be automatically deactivated after their expiration.
- It allows adding shortcodes, widgets or PHP.
This is quite popular, with more than 70 thousand downloads.
- 9 years of experience in Ads publishing.
- Unlimited Units of Ads.
- GDPR support.
- It allows to test and optimize ads.
- Your support is the best rated.
- Integrated with Ad Health and violation checks of Google Ads terms.
- Google Ads Partner.
- Works with all types of Ads networks.
The best thing about this plugin is that it verifies that no malicious ad is on your website and therefore protects you from banning in your Google Ads accounts.
- It allows users to block future clicks.
- Allows manual blocking of IP addresses.
- It works with any subject.
- Use jQuery, therefore it works even without reloading the page.
- Disable an ad when the user has clicked on it many times.
- Block your own IP.
- Activate and deactivate ads with a single click.
- Installation and simple configuration.
- Constant updates.
- Use a custom name for the block classes of ads.
- Compatibility for Google Ads.
- Service and technical support
- Notification via mail when a user is blocked.
This plugin allows the insertion of Google Ads quickly and easily.
- Intuitive interface and with good design.
- Edit and save the modifications with AJAX.
- It doesn’t allow more than three Google Ads ads per page (according to Google Ads standards).
Controls the position of the ads blocks on each page.
- Tour through the interface to familiarize yourself with the functions and layout of the plugin, as well as help in the form of a pop-up.
- It allows separating the interface of the plugin in a tab or window independent of the WordPress administrator.
- Multiple options to disable ads on all pages.
This plugin is quite simple and its purpose is to make the process of integration with Google Ads much easier.
- It allows you to add Google ads quickly.
- Allows to position the ads in the sidebar, posts or pages with a shortcode.
- Insert ads after the second paragraph of all posts, it is not necessary to insert the code manually in each one.
This plugin allows you to manage any type of ads from Google Ads and insert them almost anywhere on your website.
- Insert ads before or after a post, content, paragraph, random paragraph, multiple paragraphs, comments, excerpts.
- Allows integration with Google Ads.
- Syntax highlighter.
- Preview the code in a CSS editor.
- Insert ads almost on any element of the page automatically or arbitrarily.
- Disable ads in individual posts or full pages.
- Generator of codes for banners.
- Manual insertion of widgets, shortcodes and PHP functions.
- Visual editor of ads.
- Alignments and custom styles of ads.
- Fixed widgets.
- Use shortcodes from other plugins.
- Defines times of rotation of blocks of ads.
- Ad blockers detector.
- And much more!
This plugin allows you to create blocks of unlimited ads.
- It allows the installation of Google Ads, Facebook Pixel, custom CSS and other types of code without having to edit the files of the theme.
- Optimized for Google Ads.
- Hide ads for registered users or mobile devices, also on specific pages.
- Compatible with Woocommerce.
- Supports shortcodes from any plugin.
- Use efficient algorithms that do not slow down your web page.
- Legal pages.
- Tests A / B.
- Geolocation of ads.
This plugin is extremely helpful with the statistics of your ads.
- Individual reports, by types of ads, by time or by accounts of ads.
- Multilanguage support
- Simple configuration
- Allows you to add ads to theme files.
Ad Kangaroo allows you to manage ads from your WordPress desktop.
- Allows the insertion of ads in posts, pages, categories, and labels.
- Shows and hides ads depending on the device.
This plugin allows you to customize ads and manage them directly from your WordPress admin panel.
- Custom Google interface with color pickers.
- Widgets for the sidebar.
- Good design, intuitive interface.
- Multiple alignments options
- Control the position and the display of the blocks of ads in each post or page.
- Edition with AJAX.
- Robust code base.
- Popovers with help in each plugin option.
- It allows using the plugin in a pentaña or separate window.