Increasing our database is a very good way to start a strategy to capture leads. WordPress and Divi help a lot with their plugins to show widgets, popups and other elements so that our potential customers leave their email and data, but … and the users who comment?
When they interact with our content it means that we capture their interest, so it’s time to learn how to extract their emails and give them the attention they deserve.
The first thing we must mention is that you must request the user authorization to obtain your mail, so it’s necessary that you include some type of opt-inhere they can authorize it before starting.
Today we will show you how to export the emails of the users that comment on your WordPress and it will serve to obtain a list of all the subscribed users.
With Comments Emails
Comments emails is a simple plugin that will help you extract the emails you need. The list will not include spammers.
- The first thing you should do is install and activate the plugin.
- Then, click on “Tools” and go to Comments Emails. There you can export the list of emails of the users who comment.
- In “Fields” you will see the Name and Email checkboxes. Select them.
- Select the format in which you want the list: CSV or txt.
- The plugin will show you the names and emails in a box at the bottom. You can copy and paste them into an Excel file or Google Spreadsheets. You can also download the list and then save it in one of the two spreadsheet formats.
Why do we suggest you save the list in spreadsheets?
Building your mailing list is a very effective marketing strategy, so you probably want to get that data to send newsletters to users.
Newsletters service providers such as Constant Contact, Aweberoffer or Mailchimp offer the facility that instead of copying one email at a time, you import the file into spreadsheets.
For example: In Constant Contact, you can create your account and then click on “Contacts”. Clicking on “Add contacts” will show you the option to upload from a file. By clicking there, you choose the file with the emails and upload it. That is all!
You can use a SQL command to extract the emails of your users by accessing the hosting panel and opening the PHPMyAdmin application. It is a database manager.
Within it, select one of your databases and execute the following command in the tab that says SQL.
SELECT DISTINCT comment_author_email FROM wp_comments;
Replace the prefix with the one you require.
Click on Continue and you will see the results.
Click on Export at the bottom and select the format you prefer.