Although many are concerned about security and are on Facebook’s property, WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging platforms worldwide by individuals and businesses.
WhatsApp has more than 1,5 billion users around the world. And you can give all of them the possibility to use their favorite chat channel on your website.
Setting up a live chat button on WhatsApp is easy and here we will explain it to you.
¿Are you still wondering why should you add WhatsApp to your WordPress Website?
Here are some big reasons to do it.
- The response of a live chat is faster than waiting for the response from an email.
- WhatsApp users who are on your website recognize the icon quickly.
- It could increase sales, especially in cases in which the answer to the user’s question is decisive in making the purchase decision.
- It gives you an advantage over your competitors over those who are not sufficiently prepared to use the good use of the tool.
- It can help you discover opportunities in customer concerns and detect trends that can help develop and improve products and services.
- Generate loyalty in the clients, a person attends them.
How does it work?
When a visitor touches the WhatsApp icon, it will automatically start and a new conversation will open with the user. If this action is done from a computer, a new tab will open in the browser with the PC version of WhatsApp.
How to install and configure the plugin?
If you are not using the Divi theme:
First, you must download and install the WhatsApp Chat for WordPress plugin. Once downloaded and activated in your website, go to the WhatsApp Chat panel in your admin dashboard.
From there, follow these steps:
- Go to the Button tab and then enter the phone number associated with the WhatsApp account.
- Customize the button with a greeting message, position, color, and call-to-action.
If you are using Divi
A theme like Divi of Elegant Themes does not require installation, you can customize the color settings of the button and contact box through the Live Customizer.
WhatsApp Chat premium
The free version of the WhatsApp Plugin for WordPress allows you to include only one contact account inside the contact box, however, if you want to include multiple team member agents, you can purchase the premium.
This will include a new option to display a chatbox for each agent where your users can type their first message and an option what allows you to select between more than fourteen icons.