With these online course plugins for WordPress, you will put out all the potential of online courses for your benefit.
If you already have a website created with a domain, you can do a subdomain (for example, courses.yourdomain.com).
So when you redirect traffic from social networks you can show the prospective client directly what you offer for their learning. Or if you use a mail list to gain leads, that’s also helpful
Today we will learn about two options to do the course: through a membership plugin and through topics that can facilitate the task.
WordPress templates for online courses
It was developed by the creators of Good Plugin LMS, works on said plugin and integrates well in the theme. It allows the payment through PayPal, it shows the route of the course and the current state, it has questionnaires, its appearance is clean and modern and you will be able to give it shape with the visual layout that it has included.
It integrates its own LMS system, so you do not need to download other plugins. Allows integration with WooCommerce, Mailchimp, membership plugins and forums, has 5 types of drip content, user statistics, includes Visual Composer, very careful appearance, several demonstrations to choose from, etc. A very complete option that many recommend.
Other interesting themes that require additional plugins
The two mentioned topics include the LMS system. You install them, you start creating courses and you’re done. However, there are many other themes that are compatible or optimized to work with LMS plugins like Sensei or LearnDash, but that do not include the plugin itself, that is, you have to buy the theme and the plugin separately.
Some of themes topics would be:
- Skilled – $ 60, compatible with Sensei.
- Invent – $ 59, compatible with LearnDash.
- Skillfully – $ 59, compatible with Sensei.
- LMS Learning Management system – $ 59, compatible with Sensei.
The disadvantage of the modality of buying the theme and the plugin separately is that it can affect the cost of your course.
3 membership plugins to protect and sell your online course
Let’s see some plugins that can help you so you do not have to install a theme.
Surely the plugin best valued by its users today. It has a license with which you can implement it for 99 dollars a year in only one website, and another for developers with unlimited facilities for 199 dollars per year.
Among its advantages are:
- Use of discount coupons.
- The user can pause and cancel the subscription.
- Multiple customizable emails for each stage of the process.
- Content Dripping (release information in intervals, regular, as some online series).
- Intuitive and quick to configure.
- Allows payments with Paypal and Stripe.
- Integration with multiple email marketing providers such as MailChimp, Aweber or GetResponse.
- Integrated statistics and reports system.
- Affiliate system for other bloggers to promote your courses in exchange for a commission.
It has three licenses that depend on the number of members that register, up to 1000 members the price is $ 19.95 per month. If you are going to do a training program for a month or a couple of months, the price you will pay will be really competitive, if on the other hand it is a plugin that you will have active all year, it will be more expensive than other options.
- Allows paid and free memberships.
- Intuitive and very complete user area (allows to change user data, credit card, delete subscription, etc.).
- Content drip.
- Compatible with Thrive Content Builder and Sendowl.
- System of integrated statistics and affiliates.
- Allows you to offer free trial periods and discount coupons.
- Automatically notifies the customer when the charge on your card fails.
- Integration with multiple email marketing providers and several forms of payment.
More than 60 video tutorials.
It has a free version that you can download from the official WordPress repository and two other paid licenses for a single site or unlimited sites. The license is paid only once, not monthly or annually.
Honestly, it remains below the other two in terms of functionalities even in their paid versions, but if you only need to protect your content and manage payments through Paypal can be an option, in addition, you can always try the free version and decide if it is what you need.